The Spring Lake Historical Society Museum
The Society manages a museum dedicated to the history of Spring Lake and its connection to the surrounding areas. The Museum is open during the Spring, Summer and Fall Seasons. Museum hours are Thursdays: 10:00 – 12:00, Sundays: 1:30 – 3:30, or by appointment. To make an appointment please call (732) 449-0772.
The Spring Lake Historical Society Museum features two galleries: The Permanent Exhibit Gallery and The Changing Exhibit Gallery.
The Permanent Exhibit Gallery displays the history of Spring Lake, starting with the Native Americans who “vacationed” on the seashore and continuing on through different eras up to the present. Exhibits include LENAPE HOKING; EARLY SETTLERS; TOWN; VICTORIAN ERA; 1920’S – 1940’S; WWII; 1945 – 1960; 1960 – PRESENT.
The Changing Exhibit Gallery displays the history of several different topics about Spring Lake. This Gallery’s displays change periodically to highlight various other subjects of interest. The Changing Exhibit Gallery currently features the following topics: THE MORRO CASTLE DISASTER OF 1934; THE CROQUET CLUB; and A SALUTE TO SPRING LAKE’S FINEST, BRAVEST, FIRST RESPONDERS.
The Museum is staffed by volunteer docents. Admission is free and large groups are welcome. Donations are tax deductible and always welcome.
The Museum is located at 423 Warren Ave., 2nd Floor, Spring Lake NJ, 07762
Please Note: The Museum is open by appointment only during the winter months.